Monday, January 16, 2012

root beer float cupcakes

I got together with some of my very favorite cousins a while back. I asked what I could bring and what they liked to eat. My cousin's reply: root beer and cupcakes. No problem! I had remembered seeing a recipe for root beer float cupcakes on, what other site?, smitten kitchen! I'm not even a fan of root beer and these cupcakes won me over. They have a slight root beer taste, but not overpowering. The cute whipped cream perimeter and scoop of ice cream was a great combo. The cherry on top? For good measure.





I didn't get a picture of the finished cupcake, sadly, but head over to smitten kitchen to see what the finished ones looked like (I did the first picture variation): http://smittenkitchen.com/2010/06/root-beer-float-cupcakes/. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment